Raymond “Skipper” H. Mock, 61, passed away this past Friday, after contracting flesh eating bacteria.
The bacteria called vibrio typically found in salt water, can cause foodborne infection, usually associated with eating undercooked seafood.
Mock had been hospitalized in the ICU since he contracted the virus earlier this week.
Weslaco based McCaleb Funeral Home announced Mock’s passing on social media: “Laguna Madre-Raymond “Skipper” H. Mock, 61, passed away Friday, July 30th, at Valley Baptist Medical Center in Brownsville due to complications from the vibrio bacteria. Skipper was born on February 15th, 1960, to Victor Hugo Mock and Mary Lee Goolsby in Brownsville, Texas.”